Southeast European Center for Surveillance and Control of Infectious Diseases – SECID, in cooperation with the Institute of Public Health in Tirana – IPH, organised a multi-disciplinary cross-border workshop on Zoonoses, which took place on 12 & 13 March 2015 in Prizren Kosovo*.
This workshop covered the following topics:
- The current situation of main zoonoses in Albania and Kosovo*;
- Reporting methods, reporting forms, epidemiological investigation, laboratory capacities and existing standard procedures for zoonoses;
- Standardization of reporting methods and possibilities of joint cross- border epidemiological investigation between two countries and beyond in the region;
- Standardization of cross-border reporting;
- Joint scientific projects.
Zoonoses, subject of this workshop were: CCHF, Brucellosis, Leishmaniases, Anthrax, Tularemia, Flu, Rabies, Tuberculoses.
The workshop was of a great importance to the strengthening of inter-sectoral and cross-border collaboration.
This workshop was organized with the strong support of CORDS – Connecting Organizations for Regional Disease Surveillance and the kind contribution of Rockefeller Foundation.