Annual Influenza Meeting of Vet and IPH was held in the Institute of Public Health of Montenegro on 16 June 2015.
The meeting was attended by representatives of the Institute of Public Health of Montenegro, representatives of Veterinary Institutes, Clinic for Infectious Diseases KCCG, Specialized Veterinary Laboratory, IPHs-influenza coordinators, epidemiologist and specialists of infectious disease.
The meeting was opened by the Director of Centre of Medical microbiology and parasitology of Institute of Public Health of Montenegro, doc. dr Zoran Vratnica who welcomed the participants underlined the importance of influenza surveillance.
The issues presented in the meeting were as follows:
- Epidemiological Influenza surveillance in Montenegro
- Organization of the system of veterinary surveillance of avian influenza in Montenegro
- Virology diagnosis of influenza
- Diagnostic capacity of the Specialized Veterinary Laboratory for Avian influenza
- Clinical presentation of influenza virus and modern therapeutic approach
Supervision of influenza sites in Montenegro
Within the influenza surveillance, the supervision of influenza sites was carried out in the period from 5 March to 5 June 2015, in the following health care institutions in Montenegro:
- General Hospitals: Pljevlja, Bijelo Polje, Bar, Kotor, Niksic, Berane,
- Special Hospital for Pulmonary Diseases and Tuberculosis Brezovik,
- Primary Health Care Centers: Herceg Novi, Kotor, Bar, Ulcinj, Berane, Bijelo Polje, Nikšić, Kolasin and Danilovgrad.